If you are experiencing a large amount of wasps or bees around your home or garden, there may a wasp or bee nest nearby. Bee or wasp sting can be extremely painful and even fatal. They are a nuisance in the summers and you must protect your home and family from these dangerous little beasts.
Wasps – Wasps have narrow and slender body structure. They have skinny cylindrical shaped legs. Some of the most common types of wasps are:
- Yellow Jackets – They live in large colonies and are a little aggressive. People often confuse them with bees. Their nest can be easily found in attics, ground holes, tree cavities and rodent burrows.
- Boldfaced hornets – They are the most common hornets found near shrubs and trees in residential settings. They are relatively larger than yellow jackets.
- Paper Wasps – They create their nest in inverted umbrella shape. Thus, also known as umbrella wasps. Their nest can be found in attics, sheds and these wasps can rebuild nests quickly.
- Mud Dauber Wasps – They are blue/black having a thin waist. They are primarily found in sheds, barns or homes. They form cylindrical shaped nest with mud and feed on spiders and insects.
Bees – Bees are strong-bodied and very hairy having flattened hind legs to collect and transport pollen. Some common types of bees are:
- Honey Bees – They are dark yellow colored and 1/2” in size. These bees are active and sting dangerously. They keep on pumping the venom in even after it’s been killed.
- Carpenter Bees – These bees are around an inch in size and generally create hidden nests.
- Bumblebees – These bees have black and pale yellow hair on their body. They are around an inch in size.
Honey bee swarm is most commonly encountered by people. Generally, they are peaceful and don’t create any threat, but if provoked they can be deadly. Seasonal changes or overcrowding lead to swarming. A swarm is lead by the queen bee. After finding a suitable location, they begin with the nesting process.
Hamilton Bee & Wasp Infestation Prevention Program
Hamilton Extermination Services undertake bee and wasp prevention program to remove bee and wasp threat completely from your premises. Our team members will visit your home to inspect the location, bee or wasp type and nest size. Effective chemical treatment around the windows, doors and other openings will ensure the protection. We will also make sure that there are no chances left for future bee or wasp infestation.